making a difference: education
Educational inequities are a systemic problem with a reach across generations. Urban Alliance is partnering with schools, partners like World Vision, and our UA Network to make a difference in the lives of students.
How has UA helped the community?
- Helped distribute 500+ backpacks filled with school supplies to Hartford area students at the Yard Goats Stadium back-to-school event
- Distributed 300 backpacks at Sand Elementary School
- Filled additional backpacks for Trinity Academy & Weaver High School
- Prepared 200 Teacher Care Packages
- Distributed supplies to 48 schools serving 30,000 students
Addressing Community Needs
A renewed effort for UA this year, endeavoring to match UA Network Partners with schools that have specific needs. We've been meeting with Hartford school officials and we are excited about the possibilities!
Teacher Resource Center
Partnering with World Vision, Urban Alliance is able to help coordinate the distribution of school supplies, from crayons to COVID PPE supplies. Teachers are able to "shop" for free in order to better serve their students.
Teacher Care Packages
Teaching was a difficult job before the pandemic changed all the rules. In an effort to support our teachers beyond providing supplies for their classroom, UA has created small care packages for teachers in a local school, encouraging them and encouraging self-care.
Start a Fundraiser of your own
Easily share with friends and community members through Facebook or email.
For more information on how to set up your fundraiser, please visit this page
explore corporate/organization partnerships
Your support will:
- Help provide staff and volunteers for the Teacher Resource Center
ensuring every classroom UA serves can shop for the resources they need
- Bolster community outreach events
giving more opportunities to engage with community and spread the word
- Increase our reach
helping provide resources, supplies, and manpower to help more students and teachers
Unless designated otherwise, your donation will be unrestricted, providing support for all of UA, including the programs listed here.