Article and photos by Urban Alliance staff.
Be among the first youth ministries to participate in a workshop especially developed by World Vision to empower young people to reach their generation and develop meaningful peer-to-peer relationships.
Young people are important and critical members of the body of Christ. Youth ministries within congregations are a needed and vital part of the life of the church. Helping young people connect meaningfully to the church and their role in it requires intentional partnership with adults who are charged with discipleship and the development of young people.
Using the Community Youth Development framework, this workshop will address the following:
- The church and the role of youth ministry through the lens of Community Youth Development
- Development principles within the context of Christian spiritual formation
- Character development consistent with Christian discipleship
- Compassion for others
- Cultivating a heart of forgiveness
- Christian leadership
- Building a sense of missional community within youth groups
- Building peer relationships within youth groups
Discussion will focus on the image of God found in one another and our need to understand the importance of relationship/friendship as a way to discover God.
Date: Saturday, March 19, 2016
Location: Urban Alliance, 62 Village Street, East Hartford, CT
Churches are encouraged to register 1-2 adult leaders and 2-3 youth. Registration deadline: March 11, 2016. Click to Register Here!
Churches in the Urban Alliance network that participate in this workshop are eligible to apply for a grant to put what they have learned into action.