Resources to Help People: Children and Youth
As things change, we'll be updating these resources to be in alignment with CDC Guidelines and the best information we can find in our research. If you haven't already, please sign up for our email updates to remain well-informed. Thank you!
Talking to Kids about COVID-19
Free Resources for Kids Provided during the COVID-19 Outbreak
Audible Books – Now for free, kids everywhere can instantly stream a collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Epic! – This massive digital library for kids 12 and under is offering free Remote Student Access through June 30th through Educators (and Educator accounts are free).
Free Online Events and Activities for Kids at Home – Huge list of fun, free activities and live events from Common Sense Media
Scholastic Learn at Home – Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing
Encantos – Free bilingual activities for kids
Google Arts & Culture Collections – teamed up with over 500 museums and galleries around the world to bring anyone and everyone virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world
- CT Summer Meals program [pdf]
- Financial Aid & Scholarships (college) [pdf]
- Internet Essentials (affordable internet service) in english & en español [pdf]
- Referral Process for Special Education Students (information for caregivers) [pdf]
- YMCA Free Swimming Lessons (introductory swimming lessons for Hartford children 6 to 9 years old) [pdf]