Pick Up and Deliver Food Donations to Transitional Living Home
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic Needs (food, clothing and housing)
Location: West Hartford
Hours: Wednesday mornings
Duration: Year round
Desired level of commitment: Weekly
Age Requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Picking up and dropping off food donations provided for teen mothers and their children at a transitional living home.
- Calling ahead to food donation locations to see if there are donations available.
In order to volunteer you should be:
- A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to have access to reliable transportation
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.