Assist at a Community Meal
Assist at Community Meal
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact Area: Basic Needs (food, clothing, and housing)
Hours: Saturday mornings
Duration: Weekly, year round
Age requirement: Any age (with parent/legal guardian if under 16)
Tasks may include:
- Lifting, carrying, setting up and taking down tables and chairs
- Handing out food
- Stocking food stations
- Cleaning up
- Greeting and interacting with community members
In order to volunteer you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Open to engaging people who are facing mental health or substance-abuse struggles
- Open to engaging people who are facing homelessness
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.