Cook a Meal for Children at an After-School Program
Initiative: Next Generation
Impact area: Children and youth (age 5-18)
Hours: Wednesday evenings
Duration: Seasonal (during the school year)
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Preparing/cooking a meal for children and their families
- Serving a meal
- Helping set up and take down tables and chairs
- Cleaning up kitchen, serving, and dining areas
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to prepare and cook a meal for 30-60 people
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.