Cook and Serve Meals for Transitional Living Home Residents
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Weekday or weekend mornings, afternoons and evenings
Desired level of commitment: 1-4 meals per week
Age requirement: 21
Tasks may include:
- Preparing/cooking a meal for 35 people
- Serving a meal
- Cleaning up
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Experience as a cook or chef
- QFO (Qualified Food Operator) certification a plus
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.