Load Boxes of Food Into Vehicles at Food Pantry
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): East Hartford
Hours: Wednesday mornings
Duration: Weekly, year-round
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Interacting with food pantry clients
- Lifting and loading boxes of food to food pantry clients' vehicles
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.