Assist with Pick Up and Delivery of Food for Food Pantry
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Thursday mornings
Duration: Every other week, year-round
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Riding along with food pantry staff/volunteers to pick up food donations
- Lifting boxes of donated food
- Loading boxes of donated food into vehicle
- Unloading boxes of donated food at food pantry
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.