Provide Administrative Assistance at Transitional Living Home
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): New Britain
Hours: Tuesday- Friday mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: Two days a week for a total of 5-10 hours per week
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Serving as primary contact for answering phone calls
- Maintaining contact lists (provider referral lists, client contact information)
- Developing and maintaining a filing system
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Providing general support to visitors
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.