Distribute Food and Clothing at Street Outreach
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): Hartford, Middletown
Hours: Saturday and Sunday afternoons
Duration: Weekly, year-round
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: Any age (with parent/legal guardian if under 16)
Tasks may include:
- Lifting, carrying, setting up and taking down tables and supplies
- Handing out food
- Handing out clothing
- Greeting and interacting with community members
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Open to engaging with people who are facing mental health or substance-abuse struggles
- Open to engaging with people who are facing homelessness
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.