Unload and Sort Donations
Impact area: Children and youth (age 5-18); children and youth (age 0-4); basic needs (food, clothing and housing); physical health; mental, emotional and relational health
Location(s): East Hartford
Hours: Wednesday mornings
Desired level of commitment: Four times per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Lifting and moving boxes
- Helping unload donations from trucks to warehouse
- Helping clean up warehouse and retail area
- Helping unpack, sort, group and stock donations on shelves
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. (helpful, not required)
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.