Lead a Men's Bible-based Group
Impact area: Mental, emotional and relational health
Hours: Weekday mornings, afternoons and evenings (flexible)
Desired level of commitment: 2-3 hours per week for 12-16 weeks
Age requirement: 21
Tasks may include:
- Leading a Bible-based group for men residing at a transitional living home (curriculum provided)
- Praying with group members
- Providing emotional support for group members
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- A Christian
- Comfortable leading a group (8-15 people)
- Able to interact well with people
- Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
- Male (preferred)
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.