Assist Clients and Coordinate Appointments at Transitional Living Home
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Weekday mornings, afternoons and evenings
Desired level of commitment: One (4-6 hour) shift per week
Age requirement: 21
Tasks may include:
- Greeting clients
- Assisting clients over the phone
- Directing clients to program staff
- Coordinating appointments
- Assisting supervisor in charge
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven’t already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to interact well with people
- Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
- Male (preferred)
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance’s Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.