Provide Nutritional Recommendations and Food Labeling at Transitional Living Home
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Weekday mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: 1-2 hours per month
Age requirement: 21
Tasks may include:
- Reviewing menu for transitional living home meals
- Providing recommendations to transitional living home chef
- Documenting and labeling food donations at transitional living home
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Certified as a dietician or nutritionist
- QFO (Qualified Food Operator) certification a plus
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.