Provide In-School Mentoring for Elementary Students
Initiative: Next Generation
Impact area: Children and youth (age 5-18)
Location(s): New Britain
Hours: Weekday mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal (during the school year)
Desired level of commitment: One hour per week
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Helping elementary students develop reading and math skills
- Sharing interests and hobbies with students
- Providing emotional encouragement to students
- Helping students develop their gifts and talents
- Assisting school staff as needed
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Willing to complete additional host-site specific paperwork and requirements
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Knowledgeable of elementary school academics
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.