Assist at an After-School Program
Initiative: Next Generation
Impact area: Children and youth (age 5-18)
Hours: Weekday afternoons
Duration: Seasonal (during the school year)
Desired level of commitment: Once per week
Age requirement: 14
Tasks may include:
- Providing emotional encouragement to children and youth
- Building intentional relationships with children and youth
- Helping children and youth finish their homework
- Handing out snack
- Assisting with crafts, games or Bible lessons
- Interacting with parents
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven’t already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Willing to complete additional host-site specific paperwork and requirements
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance’s Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.