Help with Home Maintenance at Transitional Living Programs
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): Hartford, West Hartford
Hours: Weekday or weekend mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: 1-2 hours per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Helping with small maintenance projects
- Assisting staff with upkeep of transitional living homes
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Willing to complete additional host-site specific paperwork and requirements
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Experienced with home repair
- Willing to use own tools
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.